Sourcewell was created by state law as a service cooperative to provide programs and services to members in education and government. Sourcewell was established with the statutory purpose to assist members in meeting specific needs which are more efficiently delivered cooperatively than by an entity individually.
As a service cooperative, Sourcewell is a local government unit, public corporation and public agency pursuant to the Minnesota Constitution and enabling law Minn. Stat. § 123A.21. All Sourcewell employees are government employees. Sourcewell is governed by an eight-member board made up of local elected officials including county commissioners, city council members, mayors, and school board members.
Sourcewell is authorized to establish competitively awarded cooperative purchasing contracts on behalf of itself and its member agencies. Sourcewell follows the competitive contracting law process to solicit, evaluate and award cooperative purchasing contracts for goods and services. Sourcewell cooperative purchasing contracts are made available through the joint exercise of powers law Minn. Stat. § 471.59 to member agencies.
Sourcewell members are able to utilize cooperative purchasing contracts through similar joint powers, intergovernmental cooperation or cooperative purchasing laws in their respective jurisdiction. Member agencies include all eligible government, education, and non-profit agencies nationwide and in Canada.
- Increased value and control in procurement process
- Single-source solutions of a national contract through local contractors
- Solutions available from all major roofing manufacturers
- Shorter project execution with fewer hassles, change orders & lower costs
- Use of “best contractors in class” providers
WHO CAN USE
- K-12 Schools
- Higher Education / Universities / Charter Schools
- Municipalities: Cities / Counties / Villages / Townships / Water Districts
- Native American Tribes
- Non-profit: Hospitals / Nursing Homes / Housing Authorities